Saturday, May 28, 2005

Get sick soon, theres a promo going on!

Dr Batras super speciality homeopathy is into some serious advertising by way of promotional offers. Did you read doctor? Did you read promotional offer? Yes.

What if your neighbourhood doctor said, avail a discount offer of 20% (or whatever) if you visit here with your entire family and get treated? What if he said this is a parent child month and you get a discount on consulting fees if you get both checked up. That is exactly what Dr.Batras clinic says it would do as per its advertising on FM radio (Bangalore, 91.0 FM, Radiocity). Apart from these series of ads, there are smaller ads which begin with a question,"Doctor, I am suffering from xyz" and ends with an answer,"Have ABC and you will be alright" with a barely audible disclaimer at the end. I am sure, what is happening is legal, but, promotional offers at doctors? hospitals? What next? I dont want to speculate.

This is similar to the ads of some drugs shown in the US with arthritic "patients", asthamatic "patients" sharing their "experiences"after having taken some medicine or other.

That is, of course, blatant advertising rather than an infomercial. I am not sure which category this one is. Whatever it is, it stinks.

7 comments:

Abi said...

My wife, who is a doctor, once gave me this piece of advice: don't ever go to a doctor/hospital that advertises! I think it is a wise advice; everytime I see an ad for Batra's, I become even more convinced of the wisdom behind the advice.

Anu said...

The next thing we might see, Lawyers advertising

File an assault case, and win a murder case absolutely free !!!

Offer valid, for one year from the date of assault !

Neelakantan said...

As my costing prof used to say, "When you buy Lux, you pay for Madhuri Dixit"

Neelakantan said...

I was tempted to write, break one bone and a free fracture treatment or get two bones treated for the price of three, but thats how it is!

businesscardsshop said...

good site
http://www.businesscardsshop.com/

depression said...

good site
http://www.depression-care.org/

wifiplanets said...

good site
http://www.wifiplanets.org/