Thursday, May 26, 2005

I cant C ICICI

Its a pain getting through to ICICIs call center. I have been trying to reach them for the past few weeks through their phone banking system. Either they play a standard message "Your wait time is more than 4 minutes, so you can wait or call later". If I wait, you are subjected to torture by ICICI marketing bs and no operator comes online. If I dont wait, well, I go through the same step to reach an operator who has told me thrice in the past week that the system is under maintenance hence nothing can be done. Frustrated I contacted them through my online application and sent them a mail. No response yet.

Their slogan goes, "Hum Hain Na" (We are there for you, roughly translated). Well, you are there, safely hiding behind a maze of switches and wires from the irate customer.

3 comments:

Niti Bhan said...

Sounds more like "Hum Na Hain"

Venks said...

Icici is one big pain buddy. Their call center has set new records in customer dissatisfaction, they just go on a customer acquisition spree without setting infra in place to handle them.

Anu said...

Listen to this ....

ICICI debits an SB account holder Rs. 2 Lacs (by mistake!!!) and when contacted , apologizes, reverts the debit, and pleads them to maintain silence , there is a call center exec who calls every day to apologize ...

So much so for IC IC I !!!