Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Best Garage - My TVS

I had compared Indias IT services to a fictitious garage, "Best Garage" in a post a while back. I happened to read about My TVS recently - I thought it was a new service, but I now realised that it has been in existence for a short while.

My TVS was slated to be a place where one can get cars of all makes serviced with emergency road assistance. They were also slated to help buyers with used cars.

I could not get the link to the recent piece where I read about this, but it is an interesting business model since there is no single chain of "garages" or "automobile workshops". Whats interesting is that it has not come from a manufacturer of cars, but from a group known for its automobile accessories. It is also interesting because in my analogy, I had compared Indias IT services companies to a service of this sort in the automobile industry. I did not know then that a similar service existed in the automobile industry in India. Any idea how they are doing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to know how they are doing or even if they do! For a company that lists 24/7 customer service helpline as a core discipline they are remarkably elusive to find, contact in case one wanted to be a customer.

Aranganathan said...

Here's a great opportunity to protect your car.Get yourself a MyTVS 24x7 Emergency services membership card. As a proud owner of this card, you can be sure of a hassle free drive across the entire nation.
In case of any emergency in your car, all you have to do is give MyTVS a call. They will get to you within the shortest possible time and get you back on the road! The moment you call the 24 Hrs helpline, MyTVS call centre swings into action. Within moments you will be on a conference call with one of their ASPs (Authorized Service Providers) who is nearest to your location. The ASP will then assess the situation and reach you in the shortest possible time.
For more Details:www.mytvs.in
Toll Free:1800-425-2002

Regards,
Balachandar.I
arangchand@gmail.com