Monday, July 31, 2006

Your flight is preponed

As I awaited the SMS from Air Deccan on D-day, I was shocked and surprised. My flight was preponed. I could barely control my laughter, but they meant it. Throughout the day that was the time they said my flight would leave at. But at 8.45, the 9.40 flight preponed to 9.15, was rescheduled to 9.45.

I thought that this was a unique case, but the same happened on my return journey too. The 11.30 flight was preponed to 11.15 and finally took off at 11.30.

Smart move me thinks. Get the people in early, take off on time - it may actually end up benefiting Deccans tough times with punctuality.

But, here an observation based out of our family members observations (Brownie points to SIL). Fly Air Deccan on days other than Fridays and weekends. I have my doubts on Monday too. But if its Tue, Wed, Thu - it is the airline to take. The days Deccan has its capacity filled (weekends, vacations, surrounding days) its schedules go haywire.

4 comments:

Perspective Inc. said...

I quit flying air deccan coz its schedules are just so unreliable, esp if you have to go for an imp thing, I'd rather not bank on them..i've just had such terrible experiences! (shudders!!)
:-)

Anonymous said...

There is no word like preponed.

Neelakantan said...

The word is commonly used in India and Deccan actually uses it in its SMSes...It may not exist...

Anonymous said...

Prepone is a dictionary word now

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/PREPONE