Friday, September 08, 2006

Google news archive

I read about Google news archive a few hours ago at Venture Beat. Heres what it is about:

The new service will allow people to search archives of magazine, newspaper and other publications, dating in some cases back more than 200 years. Part of its Archive Search offering, the service will include The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Time, Guardian Unlimited, Factiva, Lexis-Nexis, HighBeam Research and Thomson Gale.I visited the site.

As I wondered what to search about, I keyed in "India" and heres what I got.

It may not be exhaustive, but it surely is eye opening. Even in its current form (some of the archived pieces are not free), which I suspect is the tip of the iceberg, it is like having a library/archive on your desktop. Theres so much more to the power of the net.

No comments: