Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It happens...

As you might have guessed it, the title of this post was supposed to be "It happens only in India". No, not the usual thing about Indias traditions which is the one thing that is always lampooned, these are some "ideas" I see around me.

The Toyota Innova is a good car. Only it does not have a rear bumper. And in Indias chaotic traffic, the pretty rear is pretty vulnerable. So, they add tacky aluminium bumpers that look right out of the latest bullock cart. Functional, but tacky.

The Volvos in India are segment creators - the segment of comfortable road travel. Also, they are known for cavernous luggage space under the passenger seats. What better place for a siesta when the bus is not running?

As if trucks on Indian roads werent bad enough, they now have a iron bumper at their rear ends. So, if you happen to kiss one of those trucks, finito...

2 comments:

Niti Bhan said...

Pix of this stuff, Neelakantan! That would be so great if you could get some to show us!

Neelakantan said...

Same old story, I dont carry a camera and curse myself a hundred times :), but I think I will pretty soon :)