Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Advertising for email

The lessons of the dot com are well learnt, yet, Zapak.com, an online gaming site is all over the place on radio, print with its ads for zapakmail, which it claims is fast, simple and unlimited.

Zapak is a gaming site, so why advertise for email on a gaming site? Advertising for gaming would make more sense and if I as a gamer, am hooked to the site, I will like my email there. Will a non gamer get attracted to free email at this stage and go to Zapak? I mean, theres Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Rediff, Indiatimes and then some. It is the least distinctive/most crowded service offering that is possible. Getting people to switch email accounts is not the easiest too...

I think Reliance ADAG is burning its money on advertising which can be well spent.

2 comments:

Shubham said...

Definitely, their ads don't make sense but I guess they are trying to play the trick of Bingo and they feel once they get people onto their mail service then getting them on other services will be easier. Will it work? I seriously doubt it.

Anonymous said...

Precisely. Gaming is their strong point, if any. Attracting people through gaming will happen and then they can use email, not the other way round. Fast, simple and free they say - tell me which email is not?