Friday, October 12, 2007

Think Flat(tered)

I have been meaning to post this for a while, but finally remembered it only today. The Endless Innovation blog, has a post titled, Thomas Friedman's favourite company? (The post is on the celebration of year one of Flat world)

That is because Toms book The world is Flat and the name that Infosys, incidentally (or not incidentally) has chosen for one of its websites - Think Flat are very close to each other. The site has blogs from employees and viewpoints from the company etc.

3 comments:

Raj said...

I have been following the Infosys blog for some time. I am amazed that they can be so unimaginative and boring. I expected to have more 'light bulb'moments from them., but they have just not been able to do justice to the medium.

Rangachari said...

I enjoy your blog and am a long time shareholder of Infosys but I think that Thomas Friedman is a fountain of well packaged nonsense.

I would urge you to read Ed Leamer's devastating critique of this book:

http://www.uclaforecast.com/reviews/Leamer_FlatWorld_060221.pdf

Neelakantan said...

Raj, Ranga - I neither endorse Toms book nor the website in question. I have not read the book, though I do agree with some of the concepts. Some of it is exaggerated though.