Saturday, March 22, 2008

Towards smarter pricing

After going through stores with almost every item being priced at x rupees 99 paise or x99 rupees, I am totally put off. Perhaps there are others like me, who think the same way.

So, if you are a new shop, instead of doing what is being done, a transparent pricing may be the best way ahead. The Bata pricing strategy may be a thing to do away with (Bata itself did away with it some time back, but many others still follow it) and herald more simpler transparent schemes to get your customers.




9.99 /kg for a watermelon? In India? Yuck.

1 comment:

sushmee badhulika said...

BATA prices...they remind me of my school days when i went with my parents to get a new pair of shoes..
though havent bene there since a long time,but i am glad that the significantly insignificant 9"s are missing from price tags now..