- Everyday I return from work, I have 3 hrs of power packed intense cricket.
- The wife doesnt' complain - infact she enjoys it too (or atleast pretends to). Already it has very good TRP's.
- Whether the cheerleaders get the people to the ground or the stars or the cricket or just the easier availability of tickets - IPL will succeed.
- For the cricketers - its the best learning ground, to have Ghoni rub shoulders with the Shaun Pollocks of the world is the best work experience one can call for.
- These domestic cricketers can now claw their way into the Indian team thanks to some good visbility - and actually its performance that will call shots - quotas could take a backseat.
- IPL success should be owed to ICL - seems like ICL started it off, but IPL has backing of big bucks. What about ICL, well, we will see.
- Enjoy IPL, let the players make money (Outlook magazine has tried its best to say IPL is not working - but tough luck to Outlook)- I mean it is market forces that determine the pay - any excesses will always result in lower payouts.
- What Ranji couldnt do, IPL has done it in such a short while - providing exposure to the lesser known cricket stars - and throwing up some real good ones. No more talk of talent shortage in Indian cricket. Finally we have a replacement for everybody!
- The new formula for IPL success will be - just retired Australian bowlers and a local batting line up. (we will know for sure in the next few weeks)
- Again, great exposure for International class cricket for our budding stars.
- Shane Warne!
- National integration - Dhoni/Goni for Chennai, Uthappa/Harbhajan for Mumbai - it doesnt get better than that. (Btw, wonder what Raj Thakeray thinks of Bhajji for Mumbai?)
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
IPL is a success and is here to stay; heres why I think so...
More later, after all, theres a match on...