Friday, August 01, 2008

No TV is good news

Seth Godin, the TV dividend links to this wonderful (long by rivetting) piece here on how people moving away from a passive media like television to an active medium like the internet (I agree you can be passive on the net, but...) gives rise to a wonderful consuming, producing and sharing culture. I cant say it better, but do read both the links above...

Thanks to the time saved watching TV (I barely watch TV - especially since I started blogging) I blog and read tons of stuff I otherwise would not have. I cant imagine that this is the case. There was a time when all I did was watch TV. Now, well, it is tough for me to watch TV - most discussions are one sided and with a specific agenda that is being propagated subtly or otherwise. I did watch the IPL, but post that I have barely watched an hour of TV. But of course, I spend tons of time on the comp.

Of course it is bad news for the media companies, but...

No comments: