Monday, September 15, 2008

Cothas Coffee

"Oh, you are going to Bangalore. Get Cothas coffee." was the request from the maami who looked like your atypical coffee connesseiur. Yes, I dont mean them like the ones who appreciate the Mocha or the Cappuchino, these are connesseiurs who appreciate filter coffee.
Italian? Thats the politician...

But I digress. From that single request and many newer requests later, if there is one thing people appreciate from Bangalore, this is it. For the past few years I have been here in Bangalore, no gift has gone more appreciated, than coffee at my home (and then some). Each visit from Bangalore to Mumbai, I carry along packets of coffee. This brand, Cothas, is a brand that barely advertises. I have not seen a single ad yet. Yet it is a brand that sells very well. Obviously, Cothas produces great coffee and it is very well known in Bangalore. Now it is pretty much word of mouth that takes it across cities and shores.

So, if Pune has its Lakshminarayan Chiwda, Bangalore has Cothas coffee. Dont return without it...

8 comments:

Kavi said...

thats new ! Having lived there for 8 years..wonder how i missed it..

Boundlessdreamz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Boundlessdreamz said...

Where can you get it in b'lore ?

Neelakantan said...

Pretty much everywhere. All stores carry Cothas coffee here.

niti bhan said...

my roomie in first year engg was from Coorg and every month her father would drive down with a hunk of wild boar or some such, a sack of coffee from their estate and rice and other stuff. Nothing like the real thing, bangalore coffee is truly the best

sanket said...

Very true. I brought along a couple of packets of Kothas when I came to the US. And tomorrow there is some more of this stock coming for me from Bangalore.

Anonymous said...

I finally picked a pack yeterday. Would love to hear from you on how to make the ideal cuppa with Cothas.
I'm a spoilt brat who'se indulgence in coffees that are ready made for me (ie Coffe Day and Barista).
Thanks Neelakantan. Do keep blogging!

simoncadbury said...

well if you talk bout me... you offer me coffee and i would agree without even asking for the name of the brand. i just love coffee, who cares bout the brand.

bachelors degree advertising | doctorate criminal justice | online MBA degree