Monday, October 20, 2008

Customer service

Spoke to an Imint customer service chap today. From Aug 22 until October 13 my request has been delayed for some "unknown" reason. Nobody knows why. My suggestion - hire a detective. Chap says give me 7 days. Lets see what happens. Clearly this has to be the worst rewards program on earth.

Question to all so called customer (s)care centers. When a customer is calling you with a problem, does he feel happy to hear that "all the customer service executives are busy?". I usually think, that the service sucks so much that there are so many customers calling up with problems. And having said that - remember this is an unhappy customer - is the next thing to do play your signature tune and market the "next best thing" you have come up with?

My experience with customer service has been less than satisfactory. Many products have an email id on the side on which you can write to them. I first wrote to Karen Anand products on a jam which I purchased - which tasted quite bad. I wrote to them and got a standard templated response. Ditto for Lion Dates - in a pack in which I found insects. Same templated response. But, if its any consolation, atleast they read the mails...

2 comments:

purple pitara said...

oh dont be so sure on these guys reading the emails - for all u know the response must be getting mailed soon as the they recieve any new mail even without having to open it.
but lad to see the optimism continues...

Neelakantan said...

I planned to really write to some of those mail ids and do, as and when I face an issue...Lets see if they respond