Saturday, December 06, 2008

Terror response lifecycle

Day 1: We will go after these individuals and organizations and make sure that every perpetrator, organizer and supporter of terror, whatever his affiliation or religion may be, pays a heavy price for these cowardly and horrific acts against our people.
Read: I hope I did not say this last time. Many words look familiar.

Day 2: Military option is not ruled out.
Read: I meant, against any terror hostage situation in India how can you rule out the military. They are the ones who have go in and fight...

Day 3: All options are on the table.
Read: Which table? Whose table? The wife just called. Dinner is Continental and Chinese food, I heard and she has left it all on the table.

Day 4: Military option is ruled out
Read: By now, my spinmasters would have done their job. People dont want war. We are only 6th over a period of 20 million years, relax.

Day 5: We will take strong action
Read: My cold is really bad. Vicks Action 500 is said to be the best, madam advised.

Day 6: I summon the ISI chief
Read: I have no clue what I will do once he is here...but someone said I need give him a piece of paper. Wonder why dont use the postal service.

Day 7: Send someone, atleast a peon
Read: I have a piece of paper to send. They are not even picking up the phone.

Day 8: We sent a demarche to the High commissions front door with a list of 20 most wanted people
Read: A demarche is a piece of paper. All phone lines in this route are busy for a long time now.

Day 9: Send someone, anyone, so that I can save face
Read: Even the cricketers will do...Atleast my cricketers will defeat them even though Kumble and Ganguly have retired. MS Dhoni, where are you - I am sorry I withdrew your security.

Day 10: Time will tell what action we will take
Read: By then it will be election time and I will be in the opposition...

1 comment:

BharGo said...

Day 12-13-14: let's waste 3 days to "democratically elect" a CM for Maharashtra that the high command has liked!