Monday, February 23, 2009

Jai Ho

Jai Ho - Though I thought AR Rehman deserved the worlds highest musical accolade (Oscars or otherwise) much earlier. I loved his tunes in Roja, was floored by Thiruda Thiruda, surrendered to the saxophone in Duet, loved the lilting music of May Maadham, Bombay. Went to like quite a few of his other scores in Yodha (the only Malayalam film he has scored), Iruvar (Narumugaye), Sangamam, En Swaasa Kaatre, Muthu and many others…

In Hindi, I loved Taal, as I did a few songs in Pukar, Thakshak. I loved his rendition of Vande Mataram. Indeed, I think his score for Delhi 6 is better than the score for Slumdog.

On Rehmans music, I could go on and on - I love it so much...A deserving accolade to a deserving man! Go Rehman...and of course Gulzaarsaab, who has perhaps penned the finest lyrics for Hindi songs for a long long time (Aaj Kal Paaon, Gulmohar gar to name but two of his great songs). I dont know so much about Resul, but congrats are in order to him too...

No comments: