These chaps are talking to some arbit demographic. 4000 bucks for a shirt and you call it nano shopping? You must be out of your mind (or definition of budget).
Well, here are my choices for budget Bangalore shopping during a "recession" - call me bourgeoisie if you like:
- Roam around Marathahalli (there are quite a few discount stores), not UB city and get what you want.
- Havent been to the Loot, but it has got some decent reviews
- Megamart for mens everything. I picked up 3 shirts for about 3000 rupes
- Brand factory - if you are lucky
- Megamart has a decent womens section too...
- If you have a good tailor and know a place to get good material, do that. This is perhaps the best combination of all
- Chikpet may not be chic, but it has some decent options for kids.
- The inner streets off Commercial street are better than the main street. (Applies for all prominent streets)