Tuesday, June 09, 2009

99, the movie

This blog is not a place where I do movie reviews, but this one was simply superb. I am a sucker for part fiction, part fact genre, especially when the fact part of this genre is something of a half known fact. Cuckold, by Kiran Nagarkar was a book which recently captured my imagination. And now, this movie 99.

Rollicking one-liners, superb performances by Kunal Khemu, Mahesh Manjrekar, Cyrus Broacha, Boman Irani and Amit Mistry (this chap is rip roaring) and a nearly edge of seat suspense throughout makes 99 a superb 'multiplex' movie.

The movie ends with the match fixing scandal of 2000, which managed to drag cricket into an abyss for a while and even today, cricket has not entirely recovered from it. I have no idea about how authentic it is to the actual events, but whatever it is, I loved this version.

Don't miss it. You wont regret seeing this one...

1 comment:

Neo said...

awesome movie :)