Saturday, June 13, 2009

Get rid of those TVs

Rajeshs post here echoes a thought I have had over my past few Volvo journeys. I wonder what's the need to torture passengers through 3 movies during the journey from Bangalore to Bombay.

Sure, there were a few who were craning their neck to see the movie, but a good majority of passengers had their own ipods, cellphones, books and whatnots to keep them busy during the journey. I am sure there are people who enjoy a good quiet journey, but the damn TV with its blaring volume (after all everybody has to hear) will not let you...

Do something, do anything, but give a chance to passengers who want to have a "quiet" journey...

5 comments:

Kavi said...

I have asked this question many times only to be shouted down by other passengers, who want their 'moneys worth' ! Sigh

And the last time around, i too argued that i wanted my 'moneys worth' of silence ! couldnt get very far.

Was travelling from Bangalore - tirupati - Bangalore. On one of those Darshans. And the chaps were carrying only one cd of this movie called Kushi.

So. They screened it thrice. In the same journey. Now, try and beat that !

:)

neelakantan said...

Whatever Kushi was left, it would have gone :)

This has happened to me once while I was about to alight a chap asked me to move because I was blocking his view. I told him to go home and watch TV :)

Ugich Konitari said...

Pune-Mumbai Volvo buses, used to screen a single DVD earlier, loud and far reaching, whether you wanted to watch or no.

Then the guy who played Gandhiji in Munnbahi , Dilip Prabhawalkar, while taking the bus (surprised ?), had to endure a pirated copy of Munnbhai himself; he called the producer, who alerted the police, and stuff was confiscated on arrival at Dadar.

There have been NO movies in the Volvo since. By law.

Chetan said...

There is a simple solution that will make everyone happy. Screen the movie on the television on Mute and have outlets for the headphones on each seat. Those who want to listen can ask for a headphone and listen to the movie while the others can do whatever they want to do in silence. Not sure why no one thinks of implementing this.

Prasanth said...

Many a time I was out voted by others when I asked not to screen the movies. I always end up with a headache the next day due to lack of sleep.