Friday, March 05, 2010

Railways will build a museum

I went through the railway budget recently - I was not really interested in knowing that West Bengal railways has finally allowed its trains to ply the rest of India. But they did and that's a big concession. Congrats everybody.

But, I was looking for something on toilets (I will let you know why soon). And during that search, I found that the railways would build not one, but two museums to commemorate Rabindranath Tagores 125th anniversary. Rabindranath Tagore - yes, surely, a visionary. But the whats he got to do with railways? I demand a museum on top of every railway station. Anyway most of the coaches are museums in themselves. For some reason the railway is also building a cultural academy - a Shambu Mitra academy - perhaps for some cultural awareness in trains?


I have no idea what is the railways doing building museums and cultural academies when they really, really should be focussing on getting their train services faster which are almost unchanged since the last many years...

1 comment:

SummerDiary said...

because the railways minister is a hardcore bengali, duh.